Entry and participation in the competition is governed by the Terms and Conditions found at https://www.rw.org.au/the-art-of-wellbeing/terms-conditions/ by entering you agree to acknowledge and abide by these terms and conditions.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT
1800 742 466
- Richmond Wellbeing invites you to enter the Art of Wellbeing Exhibition and Competition which is sponsored by Richmond Wellbeing.
- The Competition will end in an Exhibition and Auction, which will be held on 14th November 2017, at the Richmond Wellbeing Centre in Cannington.
- This Competition is being promoted through various media outlets including but not limited to Richmond Wellbeing’s website and other media outlets, through PR activity.
- Please note RW employees may submit art for the exhibition and auction however may not enter the completion or be selected as a finalist.
Entry – No other form of entry will be accepted.
- The terms and conditions of entry and participation in the Competition (“Rules”) are set out below.
- By submitting your entry into the Competition in accordance with these Rules, you acknowledge that:
- you have read, understood, accepted and agreed to be bound by these Rules;
- Richmond Wellbeing reserves the right to update and change these Rules from time to time by posting updated Rules to its website. Your continued involvement in the Competition will be taken as acceptance of any changes to these Rules; and
- you have no claim or right of appeal against Richmond Wellbeing in respect to any change to these Rules or in respect to any loss, damage or injury, which you may suffer as a result of any change to these Rules.
- Entry Forms must be completed in full and must include the following information:
- details of the artwork
- photograph of artwork; and
- artwork background story/history.
- You may submit 1 Entry Form only; if you submit an incomplete Form it may be rejected and you may be ineligible for the Competition, at the discretion of Richmond Wellbeing.
- Richmond Wellbeing has absolute discretion in determining whether or not an entry satisfies the eligibility criteria for the Competition.
- By submitting an Entry Form, you agree that if you are selected as a Finalist, Richmond Wellbeing will acquire your artwork in consideration of the payment of prize money as set out in these Rules, and will have the right to exhibit and sell your artwork for fund raising purposes, and reproduce it in promotional and other material.
- The selection of Finalists will be undertaken by a judging panel. You have no claim or right of appeal against Richmond Wellbeing in respect to the selection of Finalists. If you are selected as a Finalist, Richmond Wellbeing will notify you accordingly by either letter; email or SMS to the details provided on your Entry Form.
- Richmond Wellbeing reserves the right to prohibit the Finalist from taking any items to the Art Exhibition if Richmond Wellbeing determines (acting reasonably) that such items may pose an unreasonable hazard to the safety of other Finalists or other persons attending the Art Exhibition.
- Finalists are responsible for arranging their own transport to and from the Art Exhibition, at their own cost.
- Each finalist (a maximum of 20 in total) will be paid $200 by Richmond Wellbeing for their artwork.
- Richmond Wellbeing will engage a judging panel to determine the overall winner of the Competition (“Overall Winner”). Finalists have no claim or right of appeal against Richmond Wellbeing in respect to the determination of the Overall Winner.
- The overall winner will be awarded the following:
- A mentoring program from a well-known Aboriginal artist and a celebrity traditional artist.
- Travel and accommodation costs directly associated with the mentoring program will be covered by Richmond Wellbeing.
- The winning artwork will be included into Richmond Wellbeing’s communication and promotional materials such as but not limited to, annual reports, promotional posters and email signatures.
- Prize winners will be announced and prizes will be awarded at the Art Exhibition. Richmond Wellbeing is not responsible or liable for any loss or disappointment suffered as a result of unclaimed prizes.
- The Overall Winner must be available for all promotional, marketing and public relations opportunities.
- Richmond Wellbeing and its related bodies, and their respective officers, employees, agents, affiliates will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including, without limitation, any consequential, indirect, special, punitive or incidental loss or damages) which is suffered or for any accident or personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained by any person as a result of participating in the Competition or accepting any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The winner irrevocably releases and indemnifies each of Richmond Wellbeing and its related bodies, their respective officers, employees, agents, affiliates to the fullest extent permitted by law from and against any claim for personal injury or death, loss, damage, claim, cost, expense or liability (of any kind and howsoever arising, including as a result of negligence) that arises from or in connection with participation in the Competition or acceptance of any prize.
- The Overall Winner acknowledges that their acceptance of the travel package (which forms part of the Overall Winner’s prize) will be undertaken at their personal risk and that the availability of the travel package may be affected by factors beyond Richmond Wellbeing’s control.
- All details supplied on the Entry Form (whether the Entrant is selected as a Finalist or not) will be retained by Richmond Wellbeing after the prizes are awarded to their respective recipients.
- While Richmond Wellbeing will make every effort not to breach the moral rights of any Entrant, you acknowledge and agree that if you are selected as a Finalist or the Overall Winner, it may not be possible in some instances to include your name in connection with your artwork on social media or other publicity platforms.
- If an Entrant is selected as a Finalist:
- Entrants agree to participate and co-operate as required by Richmond Wellbeing in all editorial activities relating to the competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed; and
- Entrants permit Richmond Wellbeing to publish their name and suburb and grant Richmond Wellbeing a gratuitous right to use their name, image, voice and likeness for promotional and publicity purposes.
- Prize details:
Note: This is subject to change. Please refer to the website for updates.
The Overall Winner will receive a mentoring package from internationally renowned artist Janine Daddo and local Nyoongar artist Wendy Hayden which includes two half day mentoring sessions from each artist to be taken before 1 December 2018.
This prize will consist of all travel and accommodation expenses directly associated with the mentoring program to be covered by Richmond Wellbeing. All other expenses and ancillary costs are the responsibility of the Overall Winner. No compensation is payable if the Overall Winner is unable to utilize any aspect of the prize within the time period allocated.
Mentoring program time and duration to be determined between the Overall Winner and the celebrity artist.